Discovering Archaeology Day
DISCOVERING ARCHAEOLOGY DAY
April 15th, 2023 - 11 am to 4 pm
Bring the entire family for a day of interactive learning and fun with archaeologists from across Maryland and Virginia, including hands-on activities for kids of all ages, archaeological site and lab tours, exhibits, games, giveaways, and cool crafts. This event will take place inside and around the Maryland Archaeological Conservation Lab, located on the grounds of the park. The lab is home to over 10 million archaeological artifacts from across the state and contains one of the largest archaeological conservation labs in the nation-a must-see! There will be food and beverages for sale at the event. Appropriate for all ages.
- Have artifact experts identify and date your finds!
- Participate in an artifact scavenger hunt!
- Help make a soapstone bowl
- Watch experts compete in an arrow-making competition
- Create your own rock art!
- Mend broken pottery
- Remote sensing demonstration
- Eel pot crafting demonstration
For more information, call 410-586-8538